Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Original Star Jennifer Grey Responses to Dirty Dancing Remake


Source: Movie Web

A couple of days we reported that the remake to Dirty Dancing was given the greenlight and will be moving forward with Kenny Ortega (High School Musical Films) set to helm the film. Now many of you were outraged by the news but what about one of the stars of the original film? Actress Jennifer Grey who starred opposite the late Patrick Swayze in the 1987 flick took to Twitter to share her thoughts about the upcoming remake:

"I love @Kennyortega and trust that he will do something special #DirtyDancingRemake," Grey tweeted Tuesday.

Jennifer Grey also told the Wall Street Journal:

"I'm so excited about this news and I think there's nobody better to do this than my beloved Kenny Ortega, who is as responsible as anyone for the success of the first one. I can't wait to see what he's going to do with it."

Well that makes one of us. Kenny Ortega was the choreographer on the original film so maybe that has a little to do with her optimism so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this one turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment