Saturday, February 5, 2011

Faster Review

Faster stars The Rock, I mean Faster stars Dwanye Johnson, formerly known as The Rock. I guess he decided that The Rock moniker was overplayed and he wanted a fresh start as -- well himself. 2007's The Game Plan the last movie where he dawned the name The Rock. So Dwayne Johnson stars as an ex-con who's hell bent on revenge after being set up after robbing a bank. The same people who set him up also killed his brother and left him for dead in the process after taking a gunshot wound to the back of the head. It's your straight to the point action thriller where The Rock, he will always be known as The Rock to me, goes through a list of people all responsible for the death of his brother and takes them out one by one.

The plot really is that simple but I'm just glad to see The Rock back to his old ways starring in actions films opposed to those Disney type movies that make me cringe. Race To Witch Mountain, seriously?

So his weapon of choice is a hand gun as show in the poster to your right and there's just something about a shot to the head (In movies I mean) that's just cool. The opening kill in the film displayed that perfectly. The Rock also had a fight scene in the film and I sat there begging for him to do his finishing move "The Rock Bottom". I didn't get my wish.

I'm going to refrain from calling this movie ordinary because that's not the word I'm looking for but there was nothing truly special or spectacular about this film. Hopefully this is a jumping off point for the second half of -- Dwayne Johnson's career back into action films. Here's hoping!

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment